- This event has passed.
PTA Association Mtg – MPR
January 17 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am PST
We hope you can join us at our 3rd (of 5) PTA Association Meeting…Friday, January 17th @ 8:30am MPR
Come hear about Emotional Intelligence (EQ)!
Special (20 minute!) guest presentation by our Oso Grande counselor, Ms. Liz Sholly, who will provide an overview of the program she teaches all classes at Oso, the benefits of Social Emotional Learning and parent tips. Followed by Q&A.
PTA will also share information about:
- “Celebrating All-Abilities” Day for 4th graders on 1/22
- Upcoming (exciting!) assemblies on 1/30 and 2/10: (see below for more)
- Valentine’s Day Father-Daughter Event on 2/1
- Heart Screening Opportunity on 2/7
- Nominating committee and information about joining next year’s Board
- Science Fair on 3/11
- Oso’s Got Talent Show on 5/8
- New Raptor System, AEDs, Field Trips
- Other Volunteer opportunities including helping with Fun Fridays, Staff Appreciation Week in May, Juice it Up on Wednesdays, etc.
The R.O.A.R. Show (Jan. 30th)
The R.O.A.R. Show, “Respect Others Act Responsibly,” is an educational enrichment school assembly program that helps with character building and positive self-esteem, and it’s FUN! The program uses storytelling, audience participation and a little bit of magic to captivate students with age appropriate lessons of inclusion, respect, responsibility, safety, bully prevention and accountability for their actions.
More info here: http://theroarshow.com/ and www.theroarshow.tube
Growth Mindset and Grit by Blake Brandes, Ph.D. TEDx and Youth Motivational Speaker, Hip-Hop Educator and Marshall Scholar (Feb. 10th)
The assembly features age-appropriate and engaging Growth Mindset and Grit lessons infused with beat-boxing, comedic storytelling, and family-friendly freestyle rapping. The program helps students feel excited to learn new things (rather than feeling afraid or discouraged) and to keep going when they encounter challenges in their educational and personal lives.
More info here: Blakebrandes.com and http://www.blakebrandes.com/demovideo